Are you interested in creating a strong meeting? Our World Service delegates answered a questionnaire regarding what makes a Strong meeting. Click here for that summary.
You can ask your own membership to answer these these questions and talk about making changes during your next group conscious meeting.
Question #1: Think about an OA meeting you attend regularly that strengthens your recovery, shares helpful experience and gives you renewed hope. Consider the possible characteristics of a meeting listed below and indicate if your meeting includes them. Mark “HAS” if it does, “Does NOT Have” if it is not a feature of your meeting, or Not Sure
- Growing (more members)
- Abstinent members
- Evidence of physical recovery
- Available sponsors
- Focus on OA recovery using the 12 Steps
- Regular group conscience meetings (business meetings)
- Fellowship before/after the meeting
- Represented at Intergroup
- Service positions are filled
- Traditions are followed
Question #2: Now pick just 3 of these traits you think contribute the most to making this meeting a strong meeting.