DMI is seeking a Literature Chair to oversee the ordering of Literature for the DMI Office. This position requires one year of abstinence. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in giving service in the fun position!
Share your experience, strength, and hope with your fellow members of OA. Letters of Hope is accepting submissions.
Not sure what to write? Consider sharing your story of what brought you to OA, how your sponsor or OA helped you through a particularly difficult time, or what you would tell a newcomer about OA. Anything related to recovery through OA is appropriate. OA and its members have been lifesavers for most-if not all-of us. Sharing through Letters of Hope is a form of service – one of OA’s Tools of Recovery.
Please email any submissions or questions to our Letters of Hope Chair, Delia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to receive email notifications when there is a new post on the OA Dallas website?
Look on the left side of the screen and find “Get emails updates from OA Dallas!” Enter your email address in the space below and click submit. You will receive an email from Overeaters Anonymous Dallas asking you to confirm your subscription. Click confirm in the email and you’ll receive email notifications when there is a new post!
Reminder that there is a Convention Planning Meeting this Saturday, August 27 at 2:00 p.m. at the DMI Office at 331 Melrose in Richardson, Texas. Code is 03333 for Entrance 2.
Service is slimming and your help is needed, so please attend if you are available!
If anyone is up for traveling, the Heart of Texas Intergroup in Austin is hosting a 12th Step Within workshop coming up in Austin on August 27th, 2016, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at St. George’s Episcopal Church in Austin, TX. Looks like a fun and fantastic program!
We Are Not A Glum Lot: Using Humor In Your 12 Step Recovery Program.
In August, the 8th month, let us reflect on the 8th Tradition.
Overeaters Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
Join the Region III Convention Planning Committee!
Come to a planning meeting on Saturday, July 30th at 2:00 p.m. at the DMI Office (331 Melrose, Richardson, TX, Suite 120, door code is 03333) to learn about volunteer opportunities.
The following positions are available for service opportunities:
- Registrar shall provide a mailing address for the registration forms. Keep accurate records of the names and addresses of those registered. Send a copy of the registration forms to the Program Chairperson; send registration fees to the Treasurer. Form a committee to handle the registration at the hotel, provide nametags, registration packets, etc.
- Literature person shall arrange for a supply of literature to be available for purchase. Form a committee to staff the literature table during the convention. Keep accurate records of amounts of literature bought and sold.
- Hospitality person shall be in charge of the hospitality suite at the convention. The Hospitality Chair may make arrangements to provide tea, coffee, soft drinks at a fee to the participants of the convention. Form a committee to work in the hospitality suite.
- Program person shall work with the committee to determine speakers, topics, time, banquets speaker, procedure for obtaining speakers, etc. Oversee smooth flow of the convention and check to see if each room has speakers.
- Entertainment person shall be responsible for coordinating the entertainment. Skits, plays, music, dance, banquet entertainment may be included.
- Public information person shall be responsible for sending notices to Horizon, WSO Lifeline, WSO “Notebook”, and other newsletters. A committee shall work on setting up radio and television interviews. Local newspapers shall be notified of the upcoming convention.
- Transportation person shall help coordinate rides from the airports to the convention site.
- Raffle and Door Prize person shall form a committee to sell raffle tickets at the convention. He/She shall collect prizes to be given away and be in charge of the give-aways at the convention.
- Printing person shall be responsible for getting information flyers ready as soon as possible. Registration forms should ideally be ready three to four months before the convention. Programs, banquet tickets, love notes, and other items to be printed are the responsibility of the printing person.
- Decorations person shall be responsible for providing signs of the topics and times at the convention. Banquet centerpieces shall also be made and any other decorations.
Attend the meeting on July 30th to sign up for service!