Overeaters Anonymous offers a program of recovery from compulsive eating using the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of OA. Worldwide meetings and other tools provide a fellowship of experience, strength and hope where members respect one another’s anonymity. OA charges no dues or fees; it is self-supporting through member contributions.
OA is not just about weight loss, weight gain or maintenance, or obesity or diets. It addresses physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. It is not a religious organization and does not promote any particular diet.
OA members differ in many ways, but we are united by our common disease and the solution we have found in the OA program. We practice unity with diversity (pdf), and we welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively. Welcome to Overeaters Anonymous. Welcome home.
- There are no dues or fees for members; we are self-supporting through our own contributions, neither soliciting nor accepting outside donations.
- OA is not affiliated with any public or private organization, political movement, ideology or religious doctrine; we take no position on outside issues.
- Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive eating and to carry this message of recovery to those who still suffer.
- Wondering if OA is for you? Many members of OA have answered YES to these 15 questions.
- In Overeaters Anonymous we use the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions as well as the Tools of Recovery to help us with our personal recovery. Additionally, to help motivate us, we share our favorite sayings.
- Dallas Metroplex Intergroup (DMI) is a service body of Overeaters Anonymous. DMI carries the message of OA to the greater Dallas area* by maintaining and distributing meeting lists, serving as community outreach, acting as liaison with other OA service bodies, and providing guidance to local groups when requested. Read more on the page About Our Intergroup…
* The Dallas Metroplex Intergroup serves the Dallas area including Bonham, Dallas, Denton, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Greenville, Lewisville, McKinney, Mesquite, Plano, Prosper, Richardson, Sherman and Wylie.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org