Join the Region III Convention Planning Committee!
Come to a planning meeting on Saturday, July 30th at 2:00 p.m. at the DMI Office (331 Melrose, Richardson, TX, Suite 120, door code is 03333) to learn about volunteer opportunities.
The following positions are available for service opportunities:
- Registrar shall provide a mailing address for the registration forms. Keep accurate records of the names and addresses of those registered. Send a copy of the registration forms to the Program Chairperson; send registration fees to the Treasurer. Form a committee to handle the registration at the hotel, provide nametags, registration packets, etc.
- Literature person shall arrange for a supply of literature to be available for purchase. Form a committee to staff the literature table during the convention. Keep accurate records of amounts of literature bought and sold.
- Hospitality person shall be in charge of the hospitality suite at the convention. The Hospitality Chair may make arrangements to provide tea, coffee, soft drinks at a fee to the participants of the convention. Form a committee to work in the hospitality suite.
- Program person shall work with the committee to determine speakers, topics, time, banquets speaker, procedure for obtaining speakers, etc. Oversee smooth flow of the convention and check to see if each room has speakers.
- Entertainment person shall be responsible for coordinating the entertainment. Skits, plays, music, dance, banquet entertainment may be included.
- Public information person shall be responsible for sending notices to Horizon, WSO Lifeline, WSO “Notebook”, and other newsletters. A committee shall work on setting up radio and television interviews. Local newspapers shall be notified of the upcoming convention.
- Transportation person shall help coordinate rides from the airports to the convention site.
- Raffle and Door Prize person shall form a committee to sell raffle tickets at the convention. He/She shall collect prizes to be given away and be in charge of the give-aways at the convention.
- Printing person shall be responsible for getting information flyers ready as soon as possible. Registration forms should ideally be ready three to four months before the convention. Programs, banquet tickets, love notes, and other items to be printed are the responsibility of the printing person.
- Decorations person shall be responsible for providing signs of the topics and times at the convention. Banquet centerpieces shall also be made and any other decorations.
Attend the meeting on July 30th to sign up for service!