Report from our Intergroup (DMI) Chair with information from the December Intergroup meeting. For those who aren’t familiar, DMI or “Intergroup” is a service body that coordinates activities and information for the various groups on the East side of the metroplex all the way out to Tyler.
- New Year’s Eve party on Thursday, December 31st at the DMI office. Games and socializing from 8pm to 11pm. At 11pm, we will have a meeting that concludes with ringing in the new year together.
- Meditation workshop on Saturday, January 3rd, 1pm to 3pm at the DMI office. Suggested donation of $5.
- Abstinence workshop, January 17th, brought to us courtesy of Region 3, on Saturday, January 17th, 1pm to 4pm at the DMI office. Suggested donation of $5.
- Congratulations to our new website director Molly and our new secretary Amy. Both will serve 13-month terms, since these two positions are ordinarily scheduled to re-elect in January but have been vacant for an extended amount of time.
- These service positions are scheduled for regular elections at our next meeting, January 18th:
- Chairperson, Newsletter, Public Information, Twelfth Step Within, and Workshop. We will also continue to seek candidates for Board Advisor and Delegate.
- We did not have anybody stand for the open delegate position (which requires 1 year of current abstinence, and 2 years of service beyond the group level at some point in your recovery journey up to now). Reminder that the intergroup covers the delegate’s expenses to attend the Region assemblies in the spring and the fall and the World Service Business Conference in early May.
- We did not have anybody stand for editor of the Letters of Hope. The current editor is having to step down due to unavoidable work conflicts. Therefore, new editions of the Letters of Hope will be on hiatus until the next trusted servant is found.
- And from the WSO: Remember that the new 3rd edition of the Overeaters Anonymous book is now available from the OA bookstore at oa.org. All but one of the stories (Rozanne’s) are brand new. Also available electronically from eBook sellers.
Thank you for the continuing opportunity to serve as your DMI Chair! ~ Kay S