A few announcements from your humble intergroup. Please share at your meetings as you feel led.
- DMI is in desperate need of people to participate in the management and leadership of the group. Essential work is going undone because of open positions. If you or a sponsee or a recovery partner has at least 90 days of abstinence, please prayerfully consider participating in this vital service. Remember that it is by DOING service that we learn HOW to do service. If you doubt this, remember that I am only learning how to be the Chair by doing it awkwardly… but with sincerity. If you appreciate having an intergroup that puts on an annual convention, maintains a web presence, and publishes a newsletter, please please please help us find the personnel to support these services.
- The convention registration brochure is now available. We hope to see you there, February 27th through March 1st, 2015! In addition, the convention planning team is in need of many different kinds of service, both for preparation and for on-site opportunities… and there is no abstinence requirement on this level of service!
>> Brochure: Step it Up! OA Dallas 2015 Convention
- At the convention we will again have a raffle. If you have items for donation, individually or as a group, please let us know and we will begin to gather these.
- Holiday events:
- There will be a Thanksgiving Day meeting at DMI at 12:10 p.m. The regular Thursday night meeting at DMI will also be available.
- Honesty & Humor Through the Holidays” workshop at the Farmers Branch group on Saturday, November 29th, 11:00 a.m. Lunch fellowship follows the meeting at a location determined by the participants.
- We will be gathering for New Year’s Eve, for games and fellowship, culminating in an 11:00 p.m. meeting that will conclude by ringing in the New Year together.
- OA hosts Phone Marathons on all major holidays, with a phone meeting every hour from 5:45 a.m. CST to 12:00 a.m. CST. Dial 712-432-5200, PIN 4285115#.
- We will have a workshop on meditation at DMI on January 3rd, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Grateful as always for the miracle of OA, which not only saved my life but helped make it worth living. Having had that spiritual awakening as the result of working the steps, I am honored for the opportunity to serve you all in helping to carry the message to other compulsive eaters.
Yours in service,