Here’s a brief introduction to the re-designed OADallas.org web site.
- Home is the place to find the latest updates (aka “posts), a calendar of events that are coming up, a “tag cloud”, and a box to search the site
- A tag cloud is a way to categorize posts. If you want to find all posts related to “conventions” or “newsletters”, simply click that word and it will take you to a list of related items. The size of the word relates to how many posts are about that topic. As we use the site more, the usefulness will hopefully be clearer. (and I just think they are fun)
- Upcoming Events has information and flyers for upcoming workshops, retreats, and conventions
- Local Meetings has a downloadable list of meetings and updates on meetings in DFW and nearby
- News is an archive of all the old posts if you are looking for one
- Resources is the home for our newsletter and OA-related links
- About OA includes information about our intergroup (DMI) and OA (Our Invitation to You, 12 Steps, 12 Traditions)
Meeting reps who have an update about an event or meeting change they’d like to see on our site should email both WebDirector@OADallas.org and Info@OADallas.org to make sure we get the information and get it posted for you.
I hope you’ve found the re-worked OADallas.org easy to use and find things. It’s been a fun service opportunity for me. Much thanks to the previous Web Director who got this site up and running. I’ve broken a thing or two as I learn (about web sites and humility!) – please let me know if you can’t find something that was once here.
Feedback is welcome – just send an email to WebDirector@OADallas.org,